Jessica O. Riocci, LMFT
Psychotherapist, Spiritual Seeker, & Reiki Master
I’ve worked in the mental health field in a wide variety of settings. These experiences gave me the privilege and honor of learning from and serving a wide variety of people from all walks of life. It also gave me an inside view of the mental health system and what the Western medical system has to offer us when we are suffering the most and at our most vulnerable. I seek to apply all of my experience, training, accumulated wisdom about life and the human condition, and knowledge of the ins and outs of the mental health system at large in my private practice so I can best serve my clients.
I’ve served as a Marriage and Family Therapist in…
- a state agency working with young adults and their families transitioning out of DCF care
- a group private practice helping children, adolescents, and their families
- a private residential mental health treatment facility to help high-risk adolescents
- a Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program for 11-18 year olds
- a Mental Health Partial Hospitalization Program for 11-18 year olds
I’ve also gained real-world experience in the mental health field through positions other than a Marriage and Family Therapist:
- I served as a Residential Counselor for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities
- I volunteered as a Sexual Assault Crisis Advocate for a Sexual Assault hotline
- I led empowerment classes for elementary school children to prevent child abuse and be there for disclosures
- I worked as a field instructor in a Wilderness Therapy Program
- I volunteered at a therapeutic school for children with special needs
- I volunteered at a homeless shelter for women and their children
I am currently being trained and mentored by Rachelle Garcia Seliga and Silvia Urbani for 9 months as part of INNATE Postpartum Care Certificate training.
I’ve received advanced training in the treatment of Perinatal Mood Disorders by Postpartum Support International (PSI) and am in the process of becoming a Perinatal Mental Health Specialist.
I received my Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Fairfield University.
I received my Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Marketing from Fordham University.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Connecticut. My license number is 2771.
I am also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of New York. My license number is 001915.
a few more
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
I LOVE LISTENING TO...
Country music when I’m cooking and Spanish music when I’m dancing
BEFORE A THERAPY SESSION I'M...
Meditating to fully embody unconditional divine love
MY SIMPLE PLEASURE...
Honey at the bottom of tea
I'M ALWAYS READING AND RE-READING...
The Sophia Code by Kaia Ra &
Women Who Run With the Wolves by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes PhD
MY IDEAL VACATION...
Laying on a beach
MY FAVORITE SELF-CARE PRACTICE...
Journaling after reading oracle cards